Just a little thing, but my impression is that CPUs and GPUs and FPGAs and analog chips and neuromorphic chips and photonic chips all overlap with each other quite a bit in the technologies involved (e.g. cleanroom photolithography), as compared to quantum computing which is way off in its own universe of design and build and test and simulation tools (well, several universes, depending on the approach). I could be wrong, and you would probably know better than me. (I’m a bit hazy on everything that goes into a “real” large-scale quantum computer, as opposed to 2-qubit lab demos.) But if that’s right, it would argue against investing your time in quantum computing, other things equal. For my part, I would put like <10% chance that the quantum computing universe is the one that will create AGI hardware and >90% that the CPU/GPU/neuromorphic/photonic/analog/etc universe will. But who knows, I guess.