THANK YOU so much for this thoughtful reply Aaron, I really appreciate it! Some responses to your thoughts:
1. You ever heard the screenwriting rule “show, don’t tell”? YA JUST DID IT with this friendly response! :)
2. That’s actually really encouraging to read! I don’t usually tell people about my giving practise because it feels a bit ego driven—like, “ooh aren’t I a good person!” etc. It can feel quite solitary at times as I mostly work alone. So it’s a helpful boost to read your encouragement, thank you!
3. Cheers! I’ve been focussing more on music production over the last few years but I’m itching to make higher quality video work, especially if it can have a positive impact. I don’t even think the work has to be musical every time: overall I’m interested in conveying information in a playful manner—whatever that may be.
4. Yep that was my concern, so perhaps this method is not suitable for sharing ideas about EA itself.
5. Yes! I will do that! Already, looking through the list on The Life You Can Save, I can see plenty of charities where this kind of communication could be beneficial. Very exciting! I will start contacting them this week.
And yep totally get you on the need to work with others and check things through for maximum facts(imum). I’ll definitely post in here for input (probs not Facebook, I think I’m gonna leave soon). I think ultimately it would be great to find an EA aligned producer to team up with with. If that describes anyone who reads this, please get in touch. Maybe in the long term this could grow into a production company that makes playful videos to help improve the world.
Thanks again Aaron, great food for thought!